"Immersion in the life of the world, a willingness to be inhabited by and to speak for others, including those beyond the realm of the human, these are the practices not just of the bodhisattva but of the writer." --Jane Hirshfield

Monday, March 19, 2007

Suicide of Col Ted Westhusing

"I cannot support a msn [mission] that leads to corruption, human right abuses and liars. I am sullied -- no more. I didn't volunteer to support corrupt, money grubbing contractors, nor work for commanders only interested in themselves."
Via Alternet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a shame that suicide was the only alternative he felt he had. He could have been a spokesperson, but then, I'm sure he would have had to fight the military.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if he felt culpable -- being brainwashed for so long. Poor man. I do agree we lost an important voice there.