"Immersion in the life of the world, a willingness to be inhabited by and to speak for others, including those beyond the realm of the human, these are the practices not just of the bodhisattva but of the writer." --Jane Hirshfield

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Britain's Top Ten Unread Books

Includes Bill Clinton's My Life. Here is the Guardian's synopsis:
"Read mah lips. I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinsky. OK, so she may have given me a blow-job, but that doesn't really count as sex when you're in the Oval office; and the reason I denied it was because the Evil forces of the Republican right were trying to destroy my presidency. I did so many good things for my country, like um, er ... well anyway I didn't invade Iraq ... and I fully deserve the $50,000 I get for an after-dinner speech now that I'm an international statesman. God bless America."
Read more here. And here. I give them credit: some of the books they can't finish, I can't even start.

I would, however, like to point out that gas was $1.15/gallon when Clinton was in office. He cared about people who work for a living, unlike the greedy, cynical elitist we have now. (Would somebody give him a blow job so we can impeach him?)
I didn't finish the book, either. God Bless America.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ZOW, this was a topic on conversation one evening with the girls...would you blow him for world peace?

Most of us said no. In fact all of us said no, after thinking about it.

And you mean there needs to be a sex scandal around him for there to be grounds for impeachment? huh

Zen of Writing said...

Well, lying about weapons of mass destruction and getting lots of people killed didn't do it.

Why are Americans more hung up about extramarital sex than about killing people in a war that is mostly about money?