"Immersion in the life of the world, a willingness to be inhabited by and to speak for others, including those beyond the realm of the human, these are the practices not just of the bodhisattva but of the writer." --Jane Hirshfield

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tattooed Writers

From the AbeBooks blog.

Friends of mine are tattoo aficionados. For me, it's too much like committing to wearing the same shirt or necklace for the next twenty years (until the tattoo fades and is redone). Good article, though.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i agree, i find it way too big of a commitment to tattoo something on my body, i get tired of my jewelry after a few years. i really enjoy your blog and just added it to my blog roll.

Unknown said...

I have a tattoo ... it's over twenty years old now. I did think for years though, before I had it done.