"Immersion in the life of the world, a willingness to be inhabited by and to speak for others, including those beyond the realm of the human, these are the practices not just of the bodhisattva but of the writer." --Jane Hirshfield

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas package arrives in office with chocolate...

...truffles. From Harry & David's -- how long can I extend the eating of this amazing dark chocolate truffle? They're so good, but so poisonous. I read all the things about dark chocolate having antioxidants, but chocolate and sugar are still a deadly combo for me. I'm going to limit myself to one, but take as long to eat it as if I had the whole box.

Five minutes so far. It's the aroma that's really amazing. (Maybe I should let it melt on a light bulb.)

UPDATE: 25 minutes! A new record, and, an interesting side effect: the desire for the chocolate wore off. Must be some chemical reaction that makes us want it NOW.

No comments: